Sunday, July 31, 2005

Vancouver airport is great as airports go, it’s like being in a shopping mall with huge numbers of seats, a mini museum and – hurrah – internet access that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. I tried logging onto my blog to see if I had any comments only to be told that its content was deemed ‘unsuitable’. I like it, I’d been censored !! The downside was queues to get to passport control, the likes of which I haven’t seen since the new Harry Potter book came out, and US customs staff (and that threw me, I thought I was in Canada, how come the staff are US customs officials?) that were unpleasant, awkward and had trouble understanding basic English (how many times do you have to say “I lost it” before they grasp that you lost it !!!). Beyond that there’s not much to tell. I got on the plane and slept all the way through take off ! As usual I didn’t get fed. I have to say I’m not a great fan of United Airlines. No leg space, no food on domestic flights, if they do show films they’re rubbish. Sadly they seem to be one of the cheaper companies so I won’t be seeing the last of them I’m sure.

It was as the plane left Chicago that I cried, I was actually leaving the country, (in the company of someone who didn’t say two words to me during the whole journey, and boy did I need distracting, sadly the only distraction came in the form of the dreadful ‘Miss Congeniality’ - told you they had dreadful taste in movies). By now I was bored of planes, oh SO bored, the novelty had worn off, I was tired, emotional and very uncomfortable (2 weeks later I still feel like my shoulders are bunched up around my ears).

Next stop, Manchester, and guess what ….. it was raining !! Welcome home Kate.

Check back in a couple of days for updates on the after effects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home